Culver is home to the world famous Culver Academy and located on the beautiful shores of Lake Maxinkuckee, the second largest natural lake in the state of Indiana and rated one of the top five favorite lakes in Indiana by Travel Indiana Magazine, November 2020.
Culver attracts visitors across the spectrum and since the beginning of the pandemic there has been an increase in the number of visitors who are making their stays in Culver a little more permanent with staycations, work-cations and school-cations. Please find links below to four unique properties available for staycation rentals in the Culver area – whether a large group wanting to be directly on the lake, or to gather with the space of a farm, to being in town with direct access to the Culver Academy, there is variety in what we are able to offer! This is just a SMALL selection of what is available through realtors, owners, Airbnb and VRBO in the Culver area.
Additional information about the area can be found at: www.findculver.com and Facebook page: Culver and Lake Maxinkuckee Visitor Center
Culver Vacation Rentals
A great choice for those looking to be directly on Lake Maxinkuckee in a historical home (with modern addition) with lots of ties to Cole Porter
We rent our cottage from early May through mid-October. It sleeps 14+ people. Great for family reunions
Some Unique aspects:
• Located in the East Shore Historic District with 100 feet of shoreline on beautiful sandy-bottom spring-fed Lake Maxinkuckee
• In the same family for 6 generations; furnished with sturdy antiques and original artwork.
• We have many photos of Cole Porter playing in the yard as a young boy, as he was a close childhood friend of my grandfather, Tom Hendricks.
• Historic lakeside half built in 1883 in Queen Anne/Eastlake style..
• Other half of the cottage is mid-century modern, built in the summer of Love (1967), designed by local architect Rodney Todd.
• Large yard with lots of patio and green space, biergarten set, hammock, Adirondack chairs, firepit, and plenty of yard games (cornhole, bocce ball, croquet provided)….
• Wooden pier extends 80’ out pier with canoe, kayak, and paddleboard.
• Big front porch faces west for fabulous sunsets
• Features a shoreline restoration zone with native plantings.
You can find photos of the house and detailed descriptions on the VRBO website at: http://www.vrbo.com/513120
LAKE MAX MEADOWS
Excellent choice for multi-generation and multi-family staycation plus event space available if needed. Two barns have accommodations and only 1.2 miles from Lake Maxinkuckee!
FOXES’ DEN ON ACADEMY ROAD
Directly across the street from the beautiful Culver Academy campus and a short walk into town with access to walking trails.
Highly rated property near the town of Culver.
Here is the link to Airbnb: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/34363989?s=67&unique_share_id=1d8f2d05-b673-4059-a7b6-4593ace390d2