It’s the most wonderful time of the year at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis as Jolly Days Winter Wonderland returns Nov. 23 – Jan. 6, 2019. Enjoy holiday family favorites including the Yule Slide and Jingles the Jolly Bear and Santa’s arrival in an IndyCar two-seater the day after Thanksgiving with elves rappelling from the rooftop, a band and carolers. See if you’re on Santa’s naughty or nice list at Breakfast with Santa Dec. 2, 9, 15 & 16 (additional fee). Visit the Lilly Theater for The Snow Queen, when her best friend is kidnapped by the evil Snow Queen, Gerda enlists the help of a troll and elf to find him before his heart freezes forever, Nov. 23-25, Dec. 1-2, 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, and 26-30 (1 & 3 p.m.). Finally, ring in the New Year 12 hours early with Countdown to Noon Dec. 31 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. For more information about merry museum events, visit www.childrensmuseum.org or call (317) 334.3322.
Meanwhile, don’t forget to check out the nation’s oldest Haunted House, which has both friendly lights-on hours and scary dare-to-be scared hours.
The Children’s Museum Guild’s Haunted House
Oct. 11–31, 2018
Lace up your sneakers for a visit to a truly terrifying gymnasium—Grim-nasium! Starting Oct. 11, The Children’s Museum Guild’s 55th Annual Haunted House will give you a courtside seat to witness all the action in this monster-filled gym. Cheer on your favorite phantom, but keep your eyes open—scary surprises lurk in the bleachers!
The Haunted House offers IPL’s Lights-On Hours (for children who scare easily) and AAA’s Frightening Hours (with the lights off, for children who dare to be scared). Tickets are $8 at the door. All tickets are available at The Children’s Museum Box Office. This is a separate ticket—museum admission is not included or required.
Organized by The Children’s Museum Guild, the 55th Annual Haunted House, Grim-nasium, is presented by Old National Bank.
IPL’s Lights-On Hours
Recommended for children who scare easily
- CLOSED Mondays
- Tuesdays: 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 10 a.m.–8 p.m. (except Halloween*)
- Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays: 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Sundays: 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
- *Halloween, Wednesday, Oct. 31: 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
AAA’s Frightening Hours
Recommended for children who dare to be scared
- Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays 3:30–9 p.m.
Tickets are now on sale! Visit the online calendar and select the date you would like to visit beginning Oct. 11.
- Tickets are also available at The Children’s Museum Box Office.
- Members receive a 10% discount.
- Discount tickets are available at Indianapolis-area Old National Bank branches.
- Haunted House tickets are separate from museum admission. Museum admission not included or required.
- Children under the age of 2 are free.
- Children age 13 and under must be accompanied through the Haunted House by a paying adult.
- Groups of 10 or more receive a special rate.